Cooking with some company is always fun, especially when that company is your pet! Our dogs love us unconditionally, so it’s important to surprise them every once in a while by going the extra mile and baking them a delicious batch of treats. We recently received this fantastic recipe for chicken biscuits from Kaitlyn and Molly, that uses FirstMate’s very own Free Run Chicken Formula. Trust us when we say that these treats soon became household favourites among the dogs of the FirstMate family, and best of all; they’re super easy to make!
Interested in baking off a batch for your pup? Here’s what you need to prepare your very own FirstMate Chicken Biscuits:
This recipe makes approximately 30 medium sized bones.
- 12.2oz can of FirstMate Free Run Chicken Formula
- 2 cups + 2tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all three ingredients. We find that using your hands is the easiest way to blend everything together once the egg has been mixed in.
3. Once all of the ingredients have been thoroughly mixed together, scoop out the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
4. Now take a rolling pin and roll out to the dough to approximately 1/4″ thick, then proceed by cutting the dough into shapes with a cookie cutter.
5. Set the cookies on a cookie sheet. They can be placed fairly close together, as they won’t really spread.
6. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown.
7. Additionally, if your pet prefers a crunchy treat, turn the oven down to 150F and bake for an additional 4 hours until cookies are dry all the way through. This can also be done using a dehydrator.
8. Treat your pet!
That’s all there is to this extremely easy and delightful recipe! Let us know in the comments if you make your first batch of FirstMate Chicken biscuits, and be sure to share any photos with us on Instagram using the hashtag #Firstmate. We hope you enjoy baking these, and who knows, you might just have a new cooking partner!