FirstMate Pet Foods is a family owned and operated premium pet food manufacturer. Our products are sold throughout Canada, the Western United States and parts of Europe and Asia.
As a family-owned and operated company we are proud to own a kibble production facility as well as our own cannery, which are both located in British Columbia, Canada. These facilities provide us with full control over the quality of our ingredients and manufacturing procedures.
Although our company continues to grow in size, our dedication to producing quality pet food remains our top priority.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced sales representative to aid in the development of our brand within Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York and the possibility of additional states.
- Sales representatives work directly with independent pet specialty retailers to place and grow the two separate FirstMate product lines. Ideal candidates will have the ability to develop strong, long-term relationships with store owners and staff members. Regular visits and staff training seminars are key tools in developing account growth.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter and has the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The individual will have support of all of our staff, including current sales staff, administration and nutritional staff members. Communication with management will take place regularly. Initially, Taplow staff will accompany him/her for a number of days/weeks to provide training and guidance. The candidate will be expected to travel to Vancouver, Canada to receive technical training and/or to attend sales meetings throughout the year.
- The position requires 50% travel (alternating work weeks) and the territory will include the above mentioned states with and parts of Nevada.
- Having a reliable automobile is required. A monthly automobile allowance will be provided.
- The individual must be skilled with computers for company and customer communication, sales reports and additional materials.
- The candidate should be comfortable with public speaking and be able to clearly deliver account sales training’s and seminars.
- Self-directed, outgoing, highly motivated, strategic thinker with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Ideally located in Denver or similar.
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Mid level computer skills including a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Post-secondary education
Our compensation package will include a base salary, quarterly bonuses as well a company cellphone and automobile allowance.
Further details will be discussed with our General Manager.